Friday, January 3, 2014

Untitled feelings 01


I didn't feel your loss until I saw that plane ticket, first hand.

I mean, sure, we talked about you leaving and stuff but it never hit me like this... It just occured to me that I might never see you again. Like ever.

There's that possibility that once that plane took you to that foreign land, what happened between us will just be stories. Stories of what could have been's.

Is this the feeling of having the One That Got Away?

I think so.

You asked me why I cried. It is just so funny because at first, your departure is the answer to the problems you brought when you "accidentally" bumped into my very colorful life. I was like "he'll be gone and things will go back to normal".

How wrong I was. How could it be when everytime I walk in that busy street, all I can think of is you and how you lured me into agreeing to accompany me home with candies?

How could I be normal when everytime it rains, I will see you running towards me with an umbrella, worried sick?

How could I be normal when everytime I'm stressed, I will remember you treating me to a pizza party, sharing all your crazy strories at work and making me laugh?

How could I be normal when I will not be able to walk in a carnival without remembering how you exerted all efforts just to win me a prize and how I laughed at you when you can't move because of fear during the ferris wheel ride?

And how could I be normal when all I remember is how we laughed at your stalker tendencies and how endearing you are to my family and maybe they fell for you harder than I could?

I cried because I will miss you.

I cried because at one point, i thought that those car rides will never end and that you will always have my back.

But it ended. And you will leave me with the memories of being the girl you said you fell in love with.

And it sucks and it hurts...bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment