Saturday, December 28, 2013

Last night, I wished for you

Last night and all other nights, I wished for you.

But the stars and fallen eyelashes and 11:11 wishes do not seem to agree with me, they must all think I am crazy for wishing you while you are fast asleep in your bed without a care in the world.

But yeah, that’s just me. Believer of magic and love and all other things that people outgrew of.

I believe that someday when I traverse the streets of my favorite cities you will be there holding my hand and happily eating an ice cream cone with me. Or when I just want to chill and drink coffee, you’ll be drinking a latte or two with me.

I believe that our small talks about work, the weather or where our shuttle home is will become conversations about our future, dreams last night, crazy dinner fiascos and Christmas gifts to our moms and dads. Yeah, I’m crazy like that.

I also believe that your timid smile when I look at you across that sea of people will always be a smile for me and your eyes will always twinkle when you talk about me to your peers because that’s what I’ve become since I met you.

I believe that all these and more will come true… if not now, I bet the stars, fallen eyelashes and 11:11 wishes will finally, finally whisper in your ear that I wished for you last night and is constantly doing so for all other nights.

Wish for me too, maybe?


No comments:

Post a Comment